Search This Blog

Sunday 8 September 2013

Majorca Travel Blog #2

Thursday 1st August 2013. 


Day 1: Deep Fried Aubergine.


Sitting outside the apartment and it smells suspiciously like rotten eggs (got to love the Spanish sewage system, especially in this heat).


It's a terraced area that opens out onto the lively street (if you ignore the coincidentally placed shrubbery), and remember those dodgy tribute acts I referenced in my last entry? Currently strumming their imaginary guitar to knock off country western music.

Still, you can't beat a bit of cheap entertainment.

Majorca Newspaper Picked up From Local Supermarket.

We started the day with a hearty McDonald's breakfast at Gatwick Airport around 5am, after being picked up by a taxi roughly an hour beforehand. Having already set off with a rather devastated and disorientated young boy with fresh cuts and grazes, I on the other hand, was functioning off 3 1/2 hours sleep and was so overtired I felt (and acted) like I'd been on the laughing gas for a week. 

The plane journey was pretty average, despite thinking the guy in front of me was having a funny turn (in actuality he was a football fanatic on an iPad). We were travelling approximately 1 mile every 7 seconds. You think that's fast? It's practically warp speed! Though still enough time to be forced to listen to the likes of Olly Murs (more than once that flight) with my little brother singing along to the same one line. 

Towards the end of the flight, it had become more than enough to make a grown woman stir crazy.
















We spent the remainder of the day indulging in all our favourite Spanish delicacies. 

For me, prawn cocktail crisps that are so unbelievably strong, they sting the roof of your mouth with one bite, a refreshing iced lemonade by the pool (served in a pint glass, swish!) and bottled water, which is available by the kilo. 

Deep fried aubergine was on the 'all you can eat' menu tonight (vegetables are healthy, right?) also including the likes of tortellini carbonara. I'm thinking this would make a great signature dish to remind me of this holiday considering I practically live off the stuff at home.


Night walk along the promenade towards Cala Millor with overheard tales about how Simon Cowell had parked his yacht just off the coast of Cala Bona. In the meantime, I was trying my hardest not to drift into cycle lane for fear of getting run over a second time.

There were so many gorgeous sea views. I just wish I'd remembered to bring the crabbing bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment