Search This Blog

Thursday 12 September 2013

Majorca Travel Blog #6

Monday 5th August 2013. 


Day 5: Aqualand. 


Now I wouldn't say Aqualand was one of those spontaneous trips you'd take as a family for some quality bonding time, especially at 41 euros a ticket (plus all the additional fees they don't warn you about). It is however, a water park that's certainly suitable for the summer season.

Leaflet Provided at Hotel (With Additional Notes).
Like every year before it, this would be the "big trip" of the holiday (i.e. the most expensive) and for us, it was a toss up between a western themed adventure (which I was keen to do last year but had a bad experience with a ranch), aquatic Marineland (which included a dolphin show) or Aqualand - the bog standard ride orientated theme park. 

As you can probably already tell, I am by no means a regular at theme parks (afraid of heights) and I swore before arriving that I wouldn't go on anything that was even remotely detached from the ground.



2 hours on a perfectly air conditioned coach (no travel sickness) and we were sat like passive zombies recovering from the 7am wake up call requested from reception. 

Entry was pretty speedy despite having to fight our way through the rowdy crowd for a souvenir photo with a scarlet macaw, which we mistakenly took for a parrot after being told about their distinguishing green feathered head's (my brother is studying the rainforest at school). 

We passed a Mr. Bean lookalike dressed in one of those Arabian money suits (think Aladdin's Abu) and despite being a fan, my brother still refused to have a picture taken with him. 


The endless queue's were a bit of a bummer in the heat, accentuated by the fact I had to carry around a massive double-decker ring we'd rented for the day (yet another 12 euros) allowing access to certain rides.




I was most looking forward to Surf Beach and the wave machine.







































Instead we ended up in the wrong pool, missed the scheduled waves and were forced to participate in a highly sexed session of aquafit. I'm sorry but I didn't come on holiday to exercise, especially in front of randy men jokingly humping one other whilst openly gawping at half naked ladies in bikini's. 

I came away battered, burn't and blistered and covered in soggy clumps of tissue (apparently).

1 comment:

  1. Mallorca is such a nice place where you can feel the internal piece and the healing power. I love this place a lot. I visited over there on last year and it was very good experience. And especially the experience of the hotel Can Estades, it is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete