Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Majorca Travel Blog #5

Sunday 4th August 2013.


Day 4: Sunday Morning Siesta.


It's the renown day of rest back in England, but over in Majorca it's got to that point where I just can't stand the heat. 

So we decided to retreat and have a Sunday morning siesta, basking in the chilling comfort of a prepaid air conditioner. 

Not much happened after that. 


1. I woke up moody after (just about) recovering from the 2 large plates of bacon and pancakes I had eaten for breakfast that morning. Along with a developed bout of sunstroke.




















2. Proceeded to check on the already scabbed over mosquito bites, with my leg now having swelled up to twice it's original size (it gets worse before it gets better, right?). 

3. We make our way to the pool (with absolutely no intention of getting wet).






















4. I struggle to make myself comfortable on a slippery plastic chair (probably due to the excessive sweating). 

5. And continued to avoid all airborne insects whilst attempting to enjoy sea views by the pool. 

6. Tuning into Spanish radio (courtesy of the people on the sunbeds next to me) and although I've undertaken Spanish at GCSE level, I couldn't understand a word despite my best efforts to translate it.

7. Bought a luxury ice cream from the hotel owned cafe opposite. Strawberry Cheesecake (Wrapper).













8. Back to the hotel room and I'm hot and I'm sweating and I'm struggling to get into my swimming costume. The next couple hours are spent playing in the pool with someone else's ball.

9. Was told my back had turned black from being out in the sun too long. Now I'm burn't.

10. Had the standard shower before dinner.

11. Fatty beefsteak and onion rings. Got the shock of my life when I managed to mistake lemon sorbet for vanilla ice cream.

12. An evening walk along Cala Bona to the kid's "Fantasy Park" where I won a couple games of air hockey against a 9 year old.

13. On the way back to the hotel and we saw some flying bats (mistaken for miniature birds). 


We go to Aqualand tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment