Search This Blog

Monday 9 September 2013

Majorca Travel Blog #3

Friday 2nd August 2013.


Day 2: Balancing Bird Bobbing On Boat.


We were sitting by the bay at Cala Bona, watching the boats as they sounded their way through the most minuscule of spaces, whilst accompanied by a colossal strawberry sundae (despite the bog standard holiday tum kicking in).

It was here my mother and I were discussing alliteration (refer to title).

Coaster With Picture of Bay. Collected From Cafe in Cala Bona.



The sun was a scorcher, despite various attempts at cooling myself down (sweating buckets). I spent most of the time poolside, working my way through 3 sunbeds until I settled for a much sturdier chair (I blame the aubergine).

I floated around on an inflatable ring like a backed up ship, with the only possible danger being caught in the crossfire of a splash war. Little did I know as I struggled to get my already incredibly burn't legs free, a massive hole was opening up ready to envelope the water surrounding me.  

Inevitably I am now covered in mosquito bites the size of golf balls. They are itchy, painful and altogether an almighty eyesore. So much for maintaining that dream beach body.

Puzzles By The Pool.
Doodle Inspired By The Bay.




Another walk along the promenade, this time towards Cala Bona.

No human statues at this point, most likely scared away by Britney Spears claiming she loves rock and roll.  We passed the intricate sandcastle that had been built in the same place as usual, with tools suggesting they've turned pro (understandable considering all the tips they appeared to have received).

The familiar smell of hot rotten eggs seemed much stronger surrounding this miniature beach and I began to wonder to myself where you would pay 4 euros for a sunbed. The thatched parasols provided certainly didn't provide much protection. They looked pretty though. 

A strange, sickly sodden combo of biscuit, custard and jelly (my brother's favourite) was available for desert. It looked a lot like something I'd attempt to make for the annual housemates Christmas dinner. Think I'll just stick with the healthier option of fruit. Strawberries always remind me of summer.

Regardless, the highlight of my day had to be the crispy pork and Spanish potatoes (with Stilton). Admittedly I may have indulged a little too much as now I've got a major thirst on.

No comments:

Post a Comment