Search This Blog

Friday 13 September 2013

Majorca Travel Blog #8

Wednesday 7th August 2013.


Day 7: A Final Day Abroad.



We've pretty much done what everyone else does on their last day abroad, plan to pack everything we haven't had the chance to do into one 12 hour slot. When in reality we just lazed around by the pool (as the seas were too choppy to pedal boat) and had yet another mid afternoon siesta.


You know, the thing I hate most about sand is that it gets everywhere. And after a collection of minuscule bugs choose to crawl up the inside of your leg, drawn to you like a scarab beetle to warm flesh, you just can't shake that subconscious niggling feeling inside your eardrum that sparks whenever you decide to remotely enjoy it.

To make matters worse, there was a topless woman laying in the shade round the corner from us (bit pointless) next to a bird that decided to bury itself in the already bug infested sand. Regardless, I continued to watch a straw hat with a black band bob its way towards the shore as I complained about the everyday problems of living in a house share.


Sweating like a pig from the heat, I decided to take my mind off of the current situation by weaning myself back into working university life and catching up on some law reading. This time last year consisted of a riveting read by Karl Marx and "The Communist Manifesto" (still haven't got around to blogging) which I remember being situated amid the copulas amounts of "50 Shades of Grey."

Boat Trips.
Our Favourite Foods.





















Back in the hotel room and all I have to look forward to is packing and faffing and waiting. My brother found a euro coin at the bottom of the swimming pool today so we'll probably use it to play our last game of air hockey before the 7am start tomorrow. 

I'm now thinking about what's going to be available for dinner. Even though the amount of scrambled egg I ate for breakfast pretty much sorted me for the entire day, especially now my body is all out of sync.


































No comments:

Post a Comment