Search This Blog

Monday 9 September 2013

Majorca Travel Blog #4

Saturday 3rd August 2013.


Day 3: Pirate Sea Adventure.


Only subtract the pirates and add boisterous boys dressed up in complementary skull and bone bandannas with marker pen on their faces, waving around inflatable swords.

Made worse by the fact I get incredibly sea sick, so when the time came to see the pirate caves, what I was actually faced with was a plastic bag full of that morning's breakfast. 

This was one trip that definitely didn't float my boat.

Leaflet for Glass Bottom Cat. From Cala Bona to Pirate Caves (See Blue Line).



















A round trip from Cala Bona to Sa Coma to Porto Cristo ("Port of Christ") to the Pirate Caves - said to be one of the many havens for the smugglers back in the day. Despite the water being a little choppy, you can't knock the fact that in Majorca it's easier to just hop on a boat than it is to catch the bus.


We disembarked at Porto Cristo on the way back (which we visited a couple years ago for the weekend market) and with three hours to kill, we decided to sit on the beach. 

The sea was clear if somewhat sandy and I'm still undecided on whether I prefer the traditional British pebble beach. There was a slimy substance that would continuously cling to me despite my best efforts to avoid it and even now I'm unaware as to what kept causing those unexpected temperature changes. Though it was certainly a surreal experience getting up close to the schools of fish that homed in on the rocks nearby. 

I saw a bug the size of my thumb. It looked like some kind of cross between a bee and a cricket and just sat in a tree making a godawful croaking noise. In regards to the mosquito bites, I was advised the saltwater would do them good, however they have now manifested themselves into blisters. I guess there's a first time for everything.



The evening entertainment brought about a Michael Jackson/Jackson 5 tribute act. 

And I must say it was free entertainment worth paying for, especially after seeing my Mum being dragged up on stage against her will (camera in hand). There was even a cameo from a Jazzy Jeff-alike with the best attempt at audience participation I've seen in a long time. 

Dismiss all previous comments.

Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment