Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Revelation.


*Possible documentary idea.

A little something that has inspired me to look deeper into my ancestry.


First family funeral, 
But I don't feel sad, 
Because honestly, 
I hardly knew you, 

My biological grandmother.


I can't imagine what it must have been like for you. Growing up with the knowledge that you were given away at birth.

I imagine it must feel like the highest form of rejection. You're the puzzle piece that has never quite fit, even after a lifetime of trying to finish it.

Perhaps that's why I've had such a sheltered upbringing. You wrap me up in cotton wool so nothing like that can ever hurt me the way it hurt you.

I understand now and I'm glad I came to support you that day. And I'm happy that after all these years you're finally finding who you are. 


Yes I was sad, but not because of her but because of you.

From death brings a new life and I say embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment